Routine screening for congenital heart defects is an important part of every responsible breeding program. Dr. Wood strives to partner with local breeders in promoting the cardiac health and welfare of companion animals, offering screenings both in-clinic and at a variety of yearly off-site events. Heart screening exams are designed to rule out any current heart problems so that the animal may be bred or registered with the OFA. If your animal has a previously diagnosed irregularity, such as a heart murmur or abnormal rhythm, please schedule a full diagnostic exam.
Due to our current appointment volume, please allow 6-8 weeks when scheduling a heart screening examination!
Heart screening services include:
- HCM screening (Exam + Echocardiogram)
- Canine heart screening (Exam only)
- Canine echo screening (Exam + Echocardiogram)
– $475 for one dog or $405 per dog for multiple screenings during the same scheduled time
- OFA applications will need to be completed at the time of your appointment. Read more about the OFA’s new protocol here
– $305 for one cat or $255 per cat for multiple screenings during the same scheduled time
– $75 per dog